Call for Proposals for Initial Projects Related to the Pathways to Prosperity’s National Themes – 2015
Pathways to Prosperity invites proposals for funding of up to $8,000 per project for initial research projects related to current P2P national research themes:
- Economic Integration of Immigrants in Canada
- Social and Cultural Integration of Immigrants in Canada
- Multi-stakeholder Partnerships Designed to Facilitate Immigrant Settlement and Integration in Canada
- Temporary Resident Streams in Canada
- Role of the Settlement Sector and Not-for-Profits in Canada
- Health and Well-being of Immigrants in Canada
- Location Decisions of Immigrants to Canada
- At-Risk Populations of Immigrants in Canada
For more information on these themes, please see here.
Up to six proposals will be funded in this round. Funding must be used for primary research related to one of the themes and should represent the first step in a larger, cross-regional project for which outside funding will be sought. As a Pathways to Prosperity project, the research must have a policy or practice component. Proposals should be submitted by individuals or teams that are led by P2P collaborators or partners, and may be submitted in either English or French. Graduate students may be members, but not leads, of these teams.
Applications should be submitted to email@example.com by July 31, 2015. Decisions will be made by August 31, 2015, with projects expected to be completed by June 30, 2016. A final report based on the research will be required for posting on the P2P website, as well as an article to appear in the P2P eBulletin.
Applications should be a maximum of 6 pages, and include:
- Rationale (including policy and practice concerns) and relation to a P2P theme
- Proposed methodology
- Description of the research team
- Details of plans for extending the research to a cross-regional project, and sources of outside funding to which subsequent applications will be made
- Detailed budget