Welcoming Communities Conference: Discussion of Local Immigration Partnerships and Research Priorities – Ottawa, ON
The conference’s objectives were:
- To build and solidify the WCI-LIPs knowledge partnership
- To prioritize key research needs
- To identify the major themes and cross-cutting challenges that have surfaced as the LIP program matures and transitions from strategies to actions
- To clarify how the LIP program can establish a robust innovation strategy that locates and builds on promising practices
- To determine how the WCI can support the LIPs to become the driving force in Ontario settlement planning and implementation
More than 150 participants attended the conference and its 13 workshops.