P2P-IRCC Preconference at International Metropolis 2019
How Do We Know What’s Working?
Measuring Settlement Outcomes for Individuals and Communities
Pathways to Prosperity in partnership with
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Monday, June 24, 2019 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Shaw Centre, Ottawa, Canada
Pathways to Prosperity Partnership is pleased to invite you to the P2P-IRCC preconference on “How Do We Know What’s Working? Measuring Settlement Outcomes for Individuals and Communities”.
Through presentations and table discussions, this hands-on, full-day event will explore new strategies for measuring immigrants’ economic, social and civic-cultural outcomes at both the service delivery and community levels. The focus will be on strategies for determining what works and what doesn’t, as well as new ways of measuring processes and change, attributing outcomes, and assessing community impact. Outcome measurement is not only a tool for ensuring accountability. It provides a basis for identifying promising practices that can be further developed and shared; allows us to identify practices that need improvement and suggests how to do so; and, at the community level, points to areas in need of particular attention.
This preconference will be of interest to representatives of all levels of government, the settlement sector, funders, researchers working in the area, and all stakeholders interested in having an evidence base to ensure the successful settlement and integration of newcomers.
- Hamutal Bernstein, Senior Research Associate, Urban Institute, USA
- Cédric de Chardon, Director, Research, Research and Evaluation, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
- Caroline Wadad Bennett-AbuAyyash, Health Equity Specialist and Assistant Professor, Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto
- Kareem El-Assal, Researcher and Founder, immigrationpolicy.ca
- Anne-Marie Masgoret, Principal Analyst, Migration Research, Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment, New Zealand
- Marie McAuliffe, Head, Migration Policy Research Division, International Organization for Migration
- Kathy Sherrell, Associate Director, Settlement Services, ISSofBC
- Beba Svigir, Chief Executive Officer, Calgary Immigrant Women’s Association
Members of the Planning Committee:
- Rupa Banerjee, Ryerson University
- Herbert Schuetze, University of Victoria
- Kathy Sherrell, ISSofBC
- Beba Svigir, Calgary Immigrant Women’s Association
- Jean McRae, ICA of Greater Victoria and Pathways to Prosperity Partnership
- Victoria Esses, Western University and Pathways to Prosperity Partnership
To register for this Preconference:
– If you have already registered for the full International Metropolis Conference 2019 or for a Monday June 24 day pass:
Send an email to: email@example.com indicating that you would like to register for the “Measuring Settlement Outcomes for Individuals and Communities Preconference”, and this will be added to the Activities for your profile.
– If you have not yet registered for the full International Metropolis Conference 2019 or for a Monday June 24 day pass:
Click here to begin your registration. You can choose to register for the full conference or day pass for Monday June 24. Once you enter your registration and contact details, you will be taken to an Activities selection page. Select “Measuring Settlement Outcomes for Individuals and Communities” as the preconference of choice.